The business of grazing
A well run cattle business can be a satisfying job, a great lifestyle and offer a financially sustainable future. Do you want to improve your understanding of how the business side of the cattle industry works?
Steve Banney, a consultant to the northern grazing industry for the past 16 years in production, environmental and animal welfare matters, and Michelle Dewar, a small business advisor from Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, can offer you knowledge and information regarding:
- Why is only 20% of the northern cattle industry financially sustainable
- Why cost of production is important
- Importance of record keeping and budgeting
- The language of money
- Management records versus taxation records
- Cash flow, income statement and the balance sheet
What are the key drivers of a successful cattle business
- Why you should know your return on assets
- Management commitment and consultation
- Safe work procedures
- Training and supervision
- Reporting safety
- Workers’ compensation and return to work.
- How to make better decisions with improved retained profits or borrowed money.
A training day has been scheduled by CHRRUP through funding from the Australian Government Reef Program. This training day will be held on the 29th February, 9:00am to 4:00pm at the Alpha Golf Club.
If you have any questions, would like to register for the training or are seeking further information please contact Stacey at CHRRUP on 07 49822996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on March 18th, 2016